Selfie with Santa art lesson is a wonderful for a Christmas gift for parents and grandparents. Your students will learn how to draw Santa and a self portrait. The lesson also includes questions for the teachers to ask their students about what color are their eyes, hair and shin. Also I have provided examples of mixing with color pencils.
This 17 page booklet has teaching tips, examples, step-by-step painting, and drawing instructions.
This lesson also includes:
- Short history of Santa Claws, St. Nicholas, Sinter Klaas, etc…
- Santa drawing for K-2nd to copy then draw portrait
- Elements of Art for this lesson
- Examples of facial features
- Practice drawing sheets
• Experimental use of mixed media.
• Learn how to draw a Santa.
• Learn art terms related to this lesson.
• Use shading and shadow colors
• Learn to use the white of the page. (NO White Paint Allowed)
• Draw a portrait with unique & fun facial features.
• Learn to mix skin tone colors.
Anchor Standard 2: Create personally satisfying artwork using a variety of artistic processes and materials.
Anchor Standard 3: Elaborate visual information by adding details in an artwork to enhance emerging meaning.
Anchor Standard 8: Interpret art by analyzing use of media to create subject matter, characteristics of form, and mood.
Anchor Standard 10: Create works of art that reflect community cultural traditions.
• 9” x 12” or larger white watercolor paper, construction paper, or tag board
• Fine-point black permanent markers
• Pencil and eraser
Choice of watercolor paint, markers or color pencils for coloring.
• Washable colored markers
• Watercolor paint
• Color pencils
• Color markers