Rockhopper Penguins are by far one of my favorite species of penguins. They stand out from the rest because of their distinctive yellow and black plumes extending from a yellow stripe above their eyes.
This 20 page booklet has teaching tips, examples, and step-by-step drawing instructions.
Grades 1st – 5th
2 to 3-day project (45 minutes a day)
• Experimental use of mixed media
• Learn facts about Penguins
• Learn how to draw Penguins
• Learn art terms related to this lesson.
• Use shading and shadow colors
• Learn to use the white of the page. (NO White Paint Allowed)
• Draw a winter landscape
• Learn to use your imagination
• 9” x 12” or larger white watercolor paper, construction paper, or tag board
• Fine-point black permanent markers
• Pencil and eraser
Choice of watercolor paint, markers, color pencils or the combination of all for coloring creating a mixed media piece of art.
• Washable colored markers
• Watercolor paint
• Paper towels
• Color pencils
• Color markers