Jonah tried to run away from God. He ran to the sea where he found a ship that was going to another city. Shortly after they left, there was a terrible storm. Jonah knew that God had caused the storm and he asked the sailors to throw him into the sea. The sea became still and God sent a whale (large fish) to swallow Jonah so he would not drown. Then, Jonah prayed to God again. He thanked God, who had rescued him (Jonah 2). God told the fish to spit Jonah onto the dry land. After all of that, Jonah obeyed God.
This is the story of Jonah.
In this 15-page PDF art lesson, the students will learn how to draw a whale. Learn about the story
of Jonah. Learn about warm and cool colors. Practice crazy paint. Use wet-in-wet
technique in watercolor.
2 to 3-day project (45 minutes a day)
• Draw a whale.
• Learn about the story of Jonah.
• Learn about warm and cool colors.
• Practice crazy paint.
• Use wet-in-wet technique in watercolor.
• 12” x 18” construction paper
• Oil pastels
• Blue, turquoise and magenta watercolor paints (Our preference is Colorations® Liquid Watercolor)
• Water containers
• Paper towels & plates
• Fine-point black permanent markers
• Spray bottles with water in them
• Elmer’s glue
• Blue and white tempera paint (optional)
• Butcher paper or newspaper
• Crazy Paint tools (mesh bath puffs, forks, sponges, bottle caps, cardboard, corn cobs, etc.)
Thank you for your purchase. We hope you are happy with your purchase. However, if you are not completely satisfied with your purchase of downloadable art lessons for any reason, please get in touch with us at email@example.com.
Downloadable products are non-refundable. Please email us if you have an issue with your order at firstname.lastname@example.org
We do not have a return policy at Christian Art Lessons because our products are downloadable virtual documents.