This how to paint art project is a very easy and fun way to create a field of wildflowers with watercolor paint. When I am working with the kindergarten through 2nd-grade students, I usually have the students paint two pictures. They love doing drip paintings. If you want the students to create detail, do a directive drawing style on top of the painting.
You get 5 pages of teaching tips, examples, and step-by-step instructions.
1 to 2-day project (45 minutes a day)
• Discuss what scares or worries your students?
• Discuss who do you turn to if you are afraid?
• Discuss organic shapes and where to find them in nature.
• Use lines, shapes, and patterns to create a flower.
• Practice watercolor techniques.
• 9” x 12” or larger white watercolor paper, construction paper, or tag board
• Washable colored markers
• Watercolor paint
• Large and small brushes