This mixed media project is a very easy and fun way to create a field of wildflowers with watercolor paint and permanent markers. Students can also learn more about lines, textures, and shapes. Many students have taken the art to the next level and created zentangle flowers. It is always good to have lots of doodle examples for each table.
You get 7 pages of teaching tips, examples, and step-by-step instructions.
Grades 3rd – 6th
1 to 2-day project (45 minutes a day)
• Discuss what scares or worries your students?
• Discuss who do you turn to if you are afraid?
• Discuss organic shapes and where to find them in nature.
• Use lines, shapes, and patterns to create a flower.
• Use fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination in drawing lines using a pen.
• Practice watercolor techniques.
• 9” x 12” or larger white watercolor paper, construction paper, or tag board
• Washable colored markers
• Watercolor paint
• Large and small brushes
• Black fine point and extra fine point permanent markers