Create a Character, Story And Mask
Have you ever imagined what it would be like to fly, turn invisible, maybe run faster than a train or have the strength to bend steel? The Bible is filled with real superheroes who did amazing things for God like Samson, Moses, David and of course Jesus.
God has placed a super power in each of us and has given us a mission to love one another. We can all be God’s superheroes simply by developing the power He has already placed within us. Maybe your super power is faith, prayer, being kind or helping and teaching others. Wow! We are on a mission from God each and every day! How can you use superpowers to help others?
2 to 3 day project (45 minutes a day)
• Learn about superheroes in the Bible and that Jesus is the ultimate superhero.
• Learn how we can use our strengths to help and love one another.
• Utilize elements and principles of design — show balance, repetition, etc.
• Create a paper mask using paint, collage, and layers of texture and color.
• Using details and descriptions, create a superhero character.
• Improve basic writing skills.
• Use grammar, spelling, punctuation, capitalization, and structure to create a short story.