In the Bible, Joshua was fighting a big battle against five kings and all of their warriors. Joshua needed more time to win, so he prayed
to the Lord to help. God did help him by making the sun stand still and stopped the moon from rising. The day was much longer allowing Joshua and his army to win the battle. I love summer because the sun stays out longer which make the days longer. The sun always gives me energy. What do you like most about the sun?
1 to 2-day project (45 minutes a day)
• Discuss what you like most of about the sun.
• Discuss how God helps those who pray and ask for help.
• Use lines, shapes, and patterns to create a sun.
• Use fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination in drawing lines using
pencil and tracing the pencil lines with black markers.
• 9” x 12” or larger white watercolor paper, construction paper, or tag board
• Fine-point black permanent markers
• Washable colored markers
• Watercolor paint