Christmas is my family’s favorite holiday.
10. When they saw the star, they were overjoyed.
11. On coming to the house, they saw the child with His mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped Him. Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold and of incense and of myrrh.
The Three Kings were among the wisest men of their time and heard from a prophet that Jesus Christ, the Messiah, was to be born. They organized an expedition to look for Jesus by an amazing event. The “Star of Bethlehem,” which they called “His star,” led them to Bethlehem where they found Jesus. When they saw the young Child, with His mother Mary, they were overjoyed and fell down and worshiped Him.
It is believed, there could have been more than three. The reason we talk about three is that there were only three gifts. These mean came from countries like Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Iran, or Yemen. These men were very smart and studied astronomy and other sciences. They also had to be wealthy because of the gifts they brought. When they saw a very special new star in the sky, and they knew it was for the birth of a special king they set out to follow the star to find this new king.
1 to 2-day project (45 minutes a day)
• Discuss the birth of Christ and the three kings.
• Use fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination in drawing lines.
• Use fine motor skills to trace with markers.
• • Practice mixing colors.
• Use wet-in-wet technique in watercolor.
• 9”x12” or 12”x18” watercolor paper
• Black fine-point permanent markers
• Colorful washable markers or watercolor paint